Wednesday 9 May 2012

A little catch up


And yet again I am behind with blog posts. So many photos, so much that we have done and not a lot of time/enthusiasm to upload all the photos and sling a few words on the screen to explain what's been going on in our little world. Sorry bout that, will try to do a few mini blog posts in a row to get back on track.

Well now, I'm having to go way back to Mother's Day here (I know) to show you what I got (read as what I ordered for myself once my lovely hard working husband asked me what I wanted). So I had a quick think about what I wanted and remembered seeing these incredibly stylish cushion covers over on this blog. I loved them so much and made a mental note to put them at the top of my list of things I would love to buy. My memory isn't good at all but I sure did remember these beauties and promptly placed an order before heading off to HK. The cushion covers arrived whilst we were away so I had a lovely surprise when I got back.


This one just looks fab on my Eames rocker. Love it. The cushions are made of such good quality, heavy cotton and they have a cute black label on the side.  I would definitely recommend them - other designs are available, I especially love the Octons design.

My husband was busy a couple of weeks ago in the kitchen - no, not cooking but ripping off wall tiles and filling in holes. Since then, he has fitted a stainless steel splashback for the hob and we have all the wall tiles bought and ready to fit. We're getting there, slow but steady.


Once the tiles are up, I can finishing painting the cabinets (just a couple of bits here and there to paint) then do the final layer of wax, paint the walls, ceiling, radiator and fit the new floor. Phew, tired just thinking about it. Will be good once it's done though. Might even crack open some bubbly and do a proper photo shoot. Or maybe not!


E has also been busy in the kitchen. She decided she would like to make some red velvet cupcakes. I was there for guidance purposes only, it was her doing the baking and me just showing her where we kept everything. Note to self, move all the baking ingredients to a lower shelf so she can reach it all next time. E is really starting to enjoy independence in the kitchen, just having the confidence to have a go and see what happens. She still likes me to be there just in case though. :)

So, that's what was going on in my house 2 weeks ago! More recent activities like finishing the striped baby blanket and starting a new mini crochet project will be coming soon. Hopefully.

Anyway, is anyone interested in seeing some photos of our trip to the Warner Bros Studio Tour - The Making of Harry Potter? It's the one in Watford, UK as opposed to Florida! We had the best time but I don't want to bore you or spoil it for you if you have already planned to go. Let me know if you're interested.  Laters. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment